25 September 2007

Earliest Memories - Cricket

Cricket was also big in my life. My transistor radio was my route to not only Jensens dimensions that gave me introductions to influential bands but also allowed me to listed to test cricket from abroad. I remember Colin Cowdrey batting with a broken arm in the Caribbean to save the test but was always totally gripped by test cricket. I played Owzhat which was a cricket game with a hexagonal metal dice which you rolled and scored in a scorebook. Most of all I played in the first team and was very proud of my efforts. I was never the superstar but used to contribute in most games and felt very much a team man

1 comment:

Neville Merritt said...

I remember the Owzat game, thanks for the reminder!
Sorry we missed you on Tuesday, Nicola told us you had been and gone before we all managed to meet up.
Neville