25 September 2007

Earliest Memories - Music

Music was something I became increasingly involved in around 1967. It was the period I know now as the most exciting period I have ever known and I frequently play music from this era. I started with the monkees and the Archies. Sugar Sugar was my first record bought. I then loved the Jackson 5 and Kenny Rogers, ‘Don’t take your love to town’ Around now I moved on to Hendrix, ‘Are you experienced’ and Neil Young ‘After the goldrush’. I realised the real music was on albums and singles were just the initial hook. Let it Be was another huge favourite at this time and of course Abbey Road. It was the electric guitar and rock music that was really starting to grab me and soon I was on to Zeppelin, Groundhogs and Deep Purple. Hendrix’s Voodoo Chile and Burning of the midnight Lamp were songs I could really relate to. Foxy Lady was another massive favourite.

No comments: